An 8 week course to help you find your truth as an actor
This course is designed as an actors workout that actors can re-visit again and again to keep skills fresh and the actor challenged.
As actors, finding the truth of a performance can be the most elusive and frustrating part of our job. There is no right or wrong way – just your way, but it’s not always so easy to access.
So much of acting is to do with trust. Trusting ourselves, trusting each other. Brave studios encourage you to do just that. By letting go and trusting … you are forging a path to your truth.
Here at Brave Studios we have developed the ACTORS WORKSOP to provide actors with the surroundings along with the tools to access their truth in a safe and nurturing environment.
This is not a beginner’s course, but a program for the actor who is starting to meet with blocks or limitations, who is determined to overcome and gain a deeper knowledge into themselves and their craft. Learning how to connect to other performers in a scene can sometimes be challenging and confronting. By participating in this course actors are given the platform and skills to let go and trust themselves as well as the other actor.
This workshop is taught by the incomparable Lyndelle Green who has an incredible reputation as a coach. With over 20 years experience in the industry, her knowledge of various techniques and personal experience is highly beneficial to any student striving to learn the craft of acting. Lyndelle brings with her a wealth of practical and analytical knowledge and a deep understanding of text. Her passion and care for actors is well known and garners great results. Lyndelle will particularly focus on the following aspects over the 8 weeks.
We have seen so many breakthroughs in this class. It has been inspirational to witness those brave enough to push through to the other side.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS COURSE
- Challenging scene-work suited to your level
- To find your truth as an actor via a method that best suits you
- Strengthen your connection with other actors.
- Work through your personal blocks to get to the truth of a scene
- Clear bad habits
- Connect to the truth of the scene, and finding the character within yourself.
- Investigate the objective of the scene and go after that with desperation and desire.
- Find the right beats and actions within a scene to determine what you want the other character to ‘do, think, or feel’ in that moment and try to affect a change in the other person.
- Work with a professional Actor on your final class in an audition environment
- Receive all your filmed scenes for self critiquing week by week
- Small classes that guarantee performing your scene each week
All of these elements will be applied in front of a camera!
Competence in this course is a pre-requisite for Brave Studios Advanced 12 month program.
*Applicants must complete one or more of the following pre-requisites
- Competency in, and at least 2 terms in the Brave Studios Beginner Actors Training Ground
- Acting training equivalent to Brave Studios Beginner Actors Training Ground
- Successful audition at Brave Studios with one of the Acting School Directors.
ADD ON UNITS OF TRAINING
COURSE DATES TERM 3 2017
July 18th & 25th
August 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, & 29th
From 7.30pm – 10.30pm
July 19th & 26th
August 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, & 30th
From 7.00pm – 10.00pm.
*Applicants are expected to commit to all course dates listed above.
Dockland Cotton Mills
Studio 33/34 – 91 Moreland St
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR TEACHERS
~ Have been meaning to write to you to tell you how amazing she was. Such a beautiful, caring, nurturing, intuitive teacher. She never once used her role as the teacher to gain power or dominate us, it was a really safe, collaborative space to learn together. Couldn’t recommend her more. She’s definitely one of my favourite teachers that I’ve trained with in my 25 years of classes. Have definitely picked up some news skills from her while polishing up on the ones I already had. Also really enjoyed her little bits of meditation at the start of the class and her personal touches to each of us as individuals. Thanks so much for the course! Will be back soon for sure.