Term Classes 8 weeks
The Actors Workshop is a scene study course designed to challenge students in training who are ready let go and trust the process.
This Acting course for film and TV has been developed to enable the actor in training to discover the meaning of “living truthfully under imaginary circumstances” (Stanislavski). It is designed as a scene study course for students to work through a variety of more challenging scenes. Students must have a good understanding of Script analysis in order to participate in this course and be able to let go. Acting coaches will encourage students to trust the work is done through script analysis and to let go and be in the moment.
As actors, being truthful in performance can be the most elusive and difficult part of our job. Being truly vulnerable and spontaneous in the work is incredibly liberating. Your Acting coach will guide you through this and focus on your moment to moment work to be present in the scene.
So much of this comes down to trust: trusting ourselves, trusting each other. Brave Studios will encourage you to do just that. By letting go and trusting yourself and the process, you will forge a path to your truth. The results are astounding.
This is not a beginner’s course. Students must be competent in Brave Studios Actors Workshop Technique course. We require you to have a thorough knowledge of script analysis. It is an acting course in film and TV for actors starting to meet with blocks or limitations.
We have seen so many breakthroughs in this class. It has been inspirational to witness those brave enough to push through their limitations and embrace their truth (under imaginary circumstances!).
THROUGH THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Be Encouraged to find your truth as an actor
- Find the right beats and actions within a scene and how to affect a change in the other person.
- Investigate more deeply into script analysis and how to apply it in the scene.
- Focus on Making the scene about the other Actor
- Strengthen your connection with other actors.
- Work through your personal blocks
- Trust your impulses
- Clear bad habits
- Connect to the truth of the scene
- Encouraged to make bold choices within truth
- Challenging scenes
- Script analysis
- Work with a professional actor in the final class in an audition environment
- Receive all your filmed scenes for self critiquing each week
- Mock Audition with one of Melbourne’s leading Casting Directors
- Small classes (max 14 students) that guarantee performing your scene each and every week
Competence in this course is a pre-requisite for Brave Studios Part time 12 month program.
Strong Command of the English language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
COVID-19 Terms and Conditions during studio classes
Please CLICK HERE for our terms and conditions regarding refunds and transfers during COVID-19 for classes IN STUDIO ONLY
Applications & Pre-requisites
*Applicants must complete one or more of the following pre-requisites
- Competency in Brave Studios Actors Workshop-Technique Course
- Acting training equivalent to Brave Studios Beginner Actors coursesActors Workshop-Technique
- Successful audition at Brave Studios with one of the Acting School Directors.
Strong command of the English Language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English as there will be constant reading and learning of text. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
Dates & Times
Term 1 dates 2022
9th Feb-30th March
10th Feb – 31st March
Please note a deposit of $150 is required to secure your position in this course.
33/91 Moreland St,