Term Class 8 weeks
The Actors Workshop is an Acting course focusing on Technique. It’s designed to challenge students in training who are ready to dive further into the craft.
This Acting course for film and TV has been designed for students wanting to transition into a deeper form of study from a Beginner level. Students must have a good understanding of Script analysis and/or equivalent training of Brave Studios Part 2 Beginners course. Acting coaches will encourage students to trust the work is done and to throw themselves in the scene.
As actors, being truthful in performance can be the most elusive and difficult part of our job. Being truly vulnerable and spontaneous in the work is incredibly liberating. Your Acting coach will guide you through techniques to get to the truth of a scene and character and focus on your moment to moment work to be present in the scene.
In this Technique course, our goal is to get you to physically and emotionally achieve your Scene Objective. You will be taken through several techniques on how to fight for your Scene objectives with a variety of Actions for your character. This is to encourage you to get out of your head and into your body enabling you to be completely in the moment,
We have seen so many breakthroughs in this class. It has been inspirational to witness those brave enough to push through their limitations and embrace their truth (under imaginary circumstances!).
This course is designed to enrol in several times until you understand and fully comprehend the concepts that are involved.
THROUGH THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Investigate more deeply into script analysis to bring your truth to the scene
- Be Encouraged to find your truth as an actor
- How to affect a change in the other person.
- How to Physicalise ACTIONS
- Focus on Making the scene about the other Actor
- Strengthen your connection with other actors.
- Work through your personal blocks
- Trust your impulses
- Connect to the truth of the scene
- Encouraged to make bold choices within truth
- Challenging scenes
- Script analysis
- Work with a professional actor in the final class in an audition environment
- Receive all your filmed scenes for self critiquing each week
- Mock Audition with one of Melbourne’s leading Casting Directors
- Small classes (max 14 students) that guarantee performing your scene each and every week
In order for our Actors Workshop Technique students to move into the Actors Workshop-Scene Study, applicants must do the following;
- Attend all course days
- Must show they have a clear understanding of all the techniques covered in the Actors Workshop Technique
- Performing the techniques with ease and becoming playful in the work.
After the final acting class, teachers and School Directors will review your work in order to make an informed decision where you are placed to continue your training.
Strong Command of the English language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
HOW IS BRAVE STUDIOS DIFFERENT?
Brave Studios is an acting school run by industry professionals for acting students in training of all ranges of experience from beginners to professionals. All teachers and course directors have extensive experience and are all regularly working in the industry.
We pride ourselves on providing individual attention and feedback. All classes have a strict size limit of 14 people per class so that you will have sufficient time on the floor working with the teacher each and every class.
Brave Studios streams their courses highly to ensure all students are being challenges accordingly.
COVID-19 Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully our terms and conditions regarding refunds and transfers during COVID-19
- Should further lockdowns come into place forcing Brave Studios to terminate classes in the Studio before the course commences, you are eligible for a FULL REFUND or TRANSFER.
- Should further lockdowns come into place forcing Brave Studios to terminate classes in the Studio during your course, NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFER will be offered. The course will be continued and completed via ZOOM Online.
- If your suburb goes into lockdown before or after the course has commenced, we will give you the option of a REFUND or CREDIT NOTE for the remaining classes you cannot attend. Please Note: The suburb MUST be the one you have written down on your enrolment form.
WHAT WE OFFER IF YOU GET SICK
- We are offering a 30 minute Zoom session with your teacher to catch up on the content you missed for $40.00
- You are still welcome to do the full hour make-up session at $95.00 on ZOOM with your teacher.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR TEACHER GETS SICK?
- Another of our highly qualified teachers will run the next class and fill in until your teacher is well enough to teach.
- Should a replacement teacher be unavailable, your current teacher will run the class Online via ZOOM
Applications & Pre-Requisites
*Applicants must complete one or more of the following pre-requisites
- Competency in Brave Studios Beginner courses Part 1 & 2
- Acting training equivalent to Brave Studios Beginner courses Part 1 & 2
- Successful audition at Brave Studios with one of the Acting School Directors.
Strong command of the English Language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English as there will be constant reading and learning of text. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
Dates & Times
Please note a deposit of $150 is required to secure your position in this course.
33/91 Moreland St,