Term Classes 8 weeks
Brave Studios’ Advanced Actors Workshop provides advanced acting classes for professional actors and advanced-level graduates. These Advanced Acting classes run weekly, challenging acting students to keep skills active and fresh.
Students will be working with many diverse, demanding and challenging scenes. Your Acting coach will direct and challenge you to find your truth in the scene, get rid of any obstacles in the way and make sure you are always fighting for what you want.
This is an advanced acting course for the more experienced actor wanting to meet with his/her blocks and/or limitations, get out of their comfort zone and who are determined to overcome and gain a deeper knowledge into themselves and their craft. By participating in the Advanced Actors Workshop, actors are given the platform and skills to let go and trust themselves to dive even further into their truth.
We are proud to have Damian Walshe-Howling teaching at Brave Studios. Damian brings with him a wealth of knowledge in both directing and acting in major Australian television series such as Underbelly & Janet King.
In the final week, you will have the chance to test your skills in a workshop with one of Australia’s top Casting Directors.
Previous casting directors have been Lou Mitchell from Maura Fay Casting, Rosie Traynor from Chameleon Casting and Jane Norris from Jane Norris Casting. This is an exciting opportunity for you to gain straight feedback on your auditions, and feel more comfortable in the room to nail your next casting!
If you are an actor needing to be challenged further to move forward in your work, this is the perfect acting course for you.
This course is designed as an actors workout that actors can re-visit again and again to keep skills fresh and the actor challenged.
Course will cover:
- An introduction into Practical Aesthetics
- Challenging scene-work
- Performing your scene every week
- Small class sizes to ensure the get the attention you deserve- max 14
- To find your truth and strength as an actor
- Strengthening your connection with other actors.
- Work through your personal blocks to get to the truth of a scene
- Clear bad habits
- Connect to the truth of the scene, and finding the character within yourself.
- Find the right beats and actions within a scene to determine what you want the other character to do, think, or feel in that moment and try to affect a change in the other person.
- Final week screentest with one of Australia’s leading Casting Directors
What you walk away with:
- All students receive a link to view scenes filmed in class, via Brave Studios’ Vimeo page for self-critiquing in your own time.
Strong Command of the English language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
COVID-19 Terms and Conditions during studio classes
Please CLICK HERE for our terms and conditions regarding refunds and transfers during COVID-19 for classes IN STUDIO ONLY
Applications & Pre-requisites
*Applicants must complete one or more of the following pre-requisites
- Acting training equivalent to Brave Studios Advanced Actors Course
- Successful audition at Brave Studios with one of the Acting School Directors.
- Working professionally within the Film and TV industry
Strong command of the English Language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English as there will be constant reading and learning of text. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
Dates & Times
Term 4 dates 2021
Choose one of the options below:
11th October – 29th November
Wednesday Day – FULL~Waiting List Only
13th October – 1st December
Tuesday Evenings ~ FULL~Waiting List Only
5th October – 30th November
*Please note Tuesday 2nd Nov is MELB CUP Public Holiday. Class will resume the week after.
$565.00 inc GST
Please note a deposit of $150 is required to secure your position in this course.
33/91 Moreland St,