Term Class Foundation - 8 weeks
Our Beginner Acting Course Level 1 is a great place to start for those with little or no experience of script analysis and acting. People from every walk of life take this incredibly popular Beginner Acting course. Some who have already had a bit of professional experience, to models, young adults, retirees and to those who are intrigued to see if they have what it takes. We encourage diversity and have people of ALL ages above 18 apply every term. Under 18? Please see our Kids and Teens Acting School Greentree Acting School.
Over 8 weeks, this highly-regarded Beginner acting course, (recommended by reputable casting agents and directors Australia-wide), will provide you with the foundations you need to deliver a strong and truthful performance. We believe in honouring the courage of those who come to train at Brave Studios. In doing so, we offer a safe and nurturing environment to train in and take risks.This way we believe our students can dare to challenge themselves and take a risk with supportive, like-minded people.
This foundation course will give students the skills and tools they need in order to progress to our Beginners course Part 2 to continue their study.
Beginner Acting Course includes;
- Brave Studios professional warm-up technique.
- De-mystifying the process professional actors use.
- Comprehensive text analysis.
- Breaking down the barriers of fear and how to deal with nerves.
- Techniques for learning lines.
- Character development.
- Performing scenes with a professional actor in the final week.
- All scenes filmed uploaded to a private channel on Brave Studios Vimeo page for self-critiquing in your own time.
These elements will be applied in front of a camera in order to enhance your learning and best prepare you for our Part 2 Beginner course .
Alternatively, if you’d like to get a taste of what this course involves without initially committing to 8-weeks, you can join us for one of our 3-hour introduction to acting workshops held regularly at Brave Studios.
Strong command of the English Language:
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
How is Brave different from other schools?
Brave Studios is an acting school run by industry professionals for all levels of experience from beginners to professionals. All teachers and course directors have extensive experience and are all regularly working in the industry.
We pride ourselves on providing individual attention and feedback. Our Acting classes have a strict size limit of 14 people per class so that you will have sufficient time on the floor working with the teacher each and every class.
Brave Studios streams all their classes highly to ensure students are being challenged accordingly.
COVID-19 Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully our terms and conditions regarding refunds and transfers during COVID-19
- Should further lockdowns come into place forcing Brave Studios to terminate classes in the Studio before the course commences, you are eligible for a FULL REFUND or TRANSFER.
- Should further lockdowns come into place forcing Brave Studios to terminate classes in the Studio during your course, NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFER will be offered. The course will be continued and completed via ZOOM Online.
- If your suburb goes into lockdown before or after the course has commenced, we will give you the option of a REFUND or CREDIT NOTE for the remaining classes you cannot attend. Please Note: The suburb MUST be the one you have written down on your enrolment form.
WHAT WE OFFER IF YOU GET SICK
- We are offering a 30 minute Zoom session with your teacher to catch up on the content you missed for $40.00
- You are still welcome to do the full hour make-up session at $95.00 on ZOOM with your teacher.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR TEACHER GETS SICK?
- Another of our highly qualified teachers will run the next class and fill in until your teacher is well enough to teach.
- Should a replacement teacher be unavailable, your current teacher will run the class Online via ZOOM
Applications & Pre-requisites
Strong command of the English Language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English as there will be constant reading and learning of text. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
Dates & Times
Term 4 dates 2020
Due to Covid-19 This course is online until restrictions lift – Click here for details
Please note a deposit of $150 is required to secure your position in this course.
34/91 Moreland St