Term Class Scene Study - 8 weeks
Our Part 2 Beginner Acting course is designed to be completed as many times as is needed until you are ready to move into the more demanding level of training – The Actors Workshop Technique.
Building on the skills learnt in the Beginner Acting Course-Part 1, our Beginner Acting Course Part 2 will dive even further into Script analysis to enhance your skills and tools. You will be challenged with more complex scenes, perform opposite a professional actor, as well as film more scenes in the studio. In the final week, all the work culminates in a screen-test workshop with a casting director from Nick Hamon Casting.
At the completion of the course, every student is given feedback regarding which course they are best suited to continue their training in.
The School Directors along with the class teacher view the footage from the final class and advise either further study in the Beginners Part 2 Course or to move on to the Actors Workshop Technique.
- Brave Studios professional warm-up technique.
- Review of techniques learnt in Part 1 Beginners Course Acting Course.
- Scenes requiring greater skill and commitment.
- Performing scenes with a professional Actor.
- Final Week Screen-test with an Australian Casting Director.
- Skill-level assessment upon full completion of the course ONLY if continuing in the current level
- All footage uploaded to Vimeo for self-critiquing in own time.
In order for our beginner acting students to move into the Actors Workshop-Technique, applicants must do the following;
- Attend all course days
- Must show they have a clear understanding of all the techniques covered in the Beginners Acting Courses Parts 1 & 2.
After the final acting class, teachers and School Directors will review your work in order to make an informed decision where you are placed to continue your training.
In this Scene Study Beginner’s Acting Course, you will work opposite a professional actor in Week 4, and complete a screen-test with a casting director from Nick Hamon Casting in your final week.
If you’d like to get a taste of what this course involves without committing straight away to 8-weeks, you can join us for one of our 3-hour Introduction to Acting Workshops held regularly at Brave Studios.
Applicants must have completed our Beginners Acting Course Part 1 – Foundation.
Strong command of the English language:
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension. Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
HOW IS BRAVE STUDIOS DIFFERENT?
Brave Studios is an acting school run by industry professionals for acting students in training of all ranges of experience from beginners to professionals. All teachers and course directors have extensive experience and are all regularly working in the industry.
We pride ourselves on providing individual attention and feedback. All classes have a strict size limit of 14 people per class so that you will have sufficient time on the floor working with the teacher each and every class. We also provide you with a detailed full page of feedback upon completion of the final night of the course ONLY if you need to continue in your current level of training. This will help students, together with their teacher, to focus on the areas needed to help you move through to the next level.
Brave Studios streams their courses highly to ensure all students are being challenges accordingly.
COVID-19 Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully our terms and conditions regarding refunds and transfers during COVID-19
- Should further lockdowns come into place forcing Brave Studios to terminate classes in the Studio before the course commences, you are eligible for a FULL REFUND or TRANSFER.
- Should further lockdowns come into place forcing Brave Studios to terminate classes in the Studio during your course, NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFER will be offered. The course will be continued and completed via ZOOM Online.
- If your suburb goes into lockdown before or after the course has commenced, we will give you the option of a REFUND or CREDIT NOTE for the remaining classes you cannot attend. Please Note: The suburb MUST be the one you have written down on your enrolment form.
WHAT WE OFFER IF YOU GET SICK
- We are offering a 30 minute Zoom session with your teacher to catch up on the content you missed for $40.00
- You are still welcome to do the full hour make-up session at $95.00 on ZOOM with your teacher.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR TEACHER GETS SICK?
- Another of our highly qualified teachers will run the next class and fill in until your teacher is well enough to teach.
- Should a replacement teacher be unavailable, your current teacher will run the class Online via ZOOM
Applications & Pre-requisites
Strong command of the English Language
Students will be dealing with difficult concepts that require an advanced level of English language comprehension.
Students will be expected to be able to read and memorise new texts given in class.
Therefore, it is imperative that all students have a strong command of English. Please feel free to discuss this with one of our staff at Brave Studios should you need clarification.
Dates & Times
Term 3 dates 2020
Due to Covid-19 this course is Online. Click here for details
Please note a deposit of $150 is required to secure your position in this course.
34/91 Moreland St